Tulsa, OK 74101 US
What is the position?
The role of the Welding Engineer is to review Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) and accompanying PQRs submitted by service providers against relevant DOT codes, industry standards, and company standards and help service providers expeditiously get into compliance when gaps are identified.
What will you do?
- Review and approve welding procedures specifications (WPS) and procedure qualification records (PQR) submitted by contractors. This includes adding comments to help enforce company standards or correcting any code compliance issues.
- Review the applicability of the submitted WPS/PQR for project-specific review.
- Issue company-specific API 1104 or ASME Section IX welding procedures for projects where contractors have not provided a complete set of welding procedures.
- Provide solutions for resolving project requests.
- Review Welder Qualification Records in WWIMP (Welder and Welding Inspector database)
- Perform in-service welding calculations.
- Complete in-service welding requests.
- Provide general project support.
- Develop training material when needed.
What are the requirements?
- Looking for someone who has experience in API 1104 and ASME welding codes and their application to 49 CFR 192 & 195 as well as B31.3, 4, & 8, and pressure vessels.
- Open to someone who is willing to learn, but who has at least a foundational knowledge in welding engineering.
- Seeking 0-5 years of experience.
- Bachelor's in Engineering preferred but not required.
You would be really happy here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- You understand how to navigate the ever-changing world of technology and how to use it to keep the business ahead of the curve.