Tulsa, OK 74103
What is the position:
The Telecommunications Technician will be responsible for installation and maintenance of complex stationary and mobile telecommunications equipment, security systems, and safety equipment.
What will you do:
- Install emulation software, fiber optic cable, and testing of fiber optic links
- Cable testing
- Maintain test equipment, communication towers, and facilities
- Program communication equipment
- Assist with the design and implementation of department local network connections to the city wide network.
- Design and Install fiber optic cabling connections, including the termination of the cabling and connecting it to the network
- Maintain and update work records and provide details work reports
- Exercise a customer service attitude at all times
What are the requirements:
- High School Diploma
- 30+ hours of coursework in electronics or related field
- 2 years of training in electronics or similar field
- 4+ years experience with electronics or telecommunications technology
- A+, N+ or similar certifications/training is preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Advanced skills in testing and troubleshooting wiring
- Advanced knowledge of various types of telecom electronic and microprocessor based equipment
- Understanding of labeling and marking
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
You would be really happy working here if:
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.