Moundsville, WV 26041
What is the position:
The Telecom Specialist is responsible for operating and maintaining the company's complex telecommunications network.
What will you do:
- Provide telecom services to the company's field locations
- Install network and telecom equipment
- Perform microwave radio product installation problem solving and support
- Support daily operational control of complex voice and data telecommunications and LAN/WAN systems
- Troubleshoot, install, and maintain systems including fiber, microwave, radios, SCADA radios, DC power systems, alarm systems, etc.
- Test all telecom and network equipment located within the assigned area.
- Provide on-call services for equipment failures and emergencies when necessary
What are the requirements:
- Minimum of an Associates degree preferred
- Experience with radios and Cisco
- Experience with Wireless ISP or Cable ISP
- Knowledge of internet connectivity and DC Power
- Ability to travel
- Ability to be on call 24/7
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can grasp complex subjects and effectively strategize how to achieve optimal results.
- You can strategize, understanding the goals of the company and creating effective plans to achieve those goals.