110 W 7th Midland, TX 79705
What is the job:
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the design, deployment, administration, and management of both physical and virtual servers.
What will you do:
- Perform daily tasks to ensure system integrity and availability
- Provide tier III support for any identified issues
- Provide support for server and pc/laptop equipment
- Perform performance tuning, hardware/OS upgrades, and resource optimization
- Respond to alarms in a timely manner to prevent client impact and performance degradation.
- Develop, recommend, and deploy automation tools to optimize activities
- Designs and integrate new technologies into the infrastructure environment
- Responsible for all system backup process
- Responsible for administration of virtualization hypervisor systems and support of datacenter-based storage and backup systems.
- Responsible for administration of disaster recovery replication systems and processes.
- Participate in periodic disaster recovery planning and test exercises
- Creates and modify recovery plans as needed
- Assist Management with capacity planning forecasts for physical, virtual, and cloud resources.
- Support and facilitate KPI metric reporting for monitoring datacenter service operations daily, weekly, and monthly performance
- Follow and adhere to change management practices and organizational information security policies and procedures
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
What are the requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related
- Experience with Network and Server/PC hardware
- Experience with Windows Server and Linux operating systems
- Experience with VMware vSphere, Dell/EMC storage systems, and Avamar
- Experience with Active Directory and Citrix
- Ability install network equipment (routers, switches, and firewalls)
- Ability to work additional or irregular hours as needed to cover an on-call rotation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
You will probably be really happy here if:
- You are very technical, thrive in a teamwork environment, and have strong leadership skills.
- You have strong sense of personal accountability and have a history of proactively seeking out new solutions to make a technical work environment more reliable and efficient.