Sr. Process Engineer
Tulsa, OK 74101
What is the position:
The primary responsibility of the Process Safety Engineer is to provide support to the organization in process design oversight on new facilities and modifications to existing equipment through routine operations, overpressure protection studies, and optimizations.
What will you do:
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for various company facilities on overpressure protection studies, equipment sizing and calculations, equipment datasheets, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, material selection, vendor data reviews and overall coordination of process design inputs from other engineering disciplines.
- Provide technical support to functional departments, as part of troubleshooting, regulatory compliance and optimization, during routine operations, start up and turnarounds.
- Provide review of basic process design packages, including basis of design, process flow diagrams, material and energy balance, utility balance and equipment list, as well as initial project justifications and economic analyses.
- Provide calculated emission estimates.
- Apply computer simulation models to achieve optimum plant performance, and assist project control and automation team with developing process control strategies.
- Identify and implement facility improvements that focus on enhanced EH&S performance, increased production, cost optimization, increased reliability, and waste minimization.
- Prepare and coordinate studies in the field to develop, test and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with new technology selection and implementation.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs), Layer of Protection Analyses (LOPAs) and other Process Safety Management (PSM) programs.
- Develop training packages for field operations staff.
What are the requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering
- 8-10 years of experience in Process Engineering, Process Safety, or Process Design Engineering.
- PE license preferred
- Experience with process simulation software packages such as VMGSim, ProMax, or HYSYS
- Experience in iPRSM and Aspen Flare System Analyzer preferred
- Experience in performing overpressure protection analysis of facilities including relief device calculations, overpressure scenario analysis, and disposal system analysis including headers, knockout drums, flares and vents.
- Experience with development of process flow diagrams with material and energy balances; debottleneck and optimization of natural gas plant; and troubleshooting natural gas plants.
- Experience providing technical review and sizing of basic process packages for gas plants including process units and process equipment (ie. cryogenic gas plants, dehydration units, amine units, towers, heat exchangers, separators, and filters)
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively lead and participate on teams.
- Motivation and ability to improve existing processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in team environments.
You would be really happy working here if:
- You are full of ideas and are always looking for new opportunities to improve the workplace.
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.