Sr. Network Engineer
4005 Leitchfield Road Owensboro, KY 42303
What is the position:
This position is responsible for the administration of LAN/WAN technology infrastructure hardware, including routers, switches, radios, VSATs, specialized infrastructure servers, network cabling, etc. Employee will assist with management of data and voice communications including telecommunication circuits, data radio, wireless, and satellite communication paths.
What do you need to be able to do:
- Design and implement LAN/WAN infrastructure and application components
- Designs, configures, monitors and optimizes networks for specialized infrastructure systems to ensure optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance and reasonable costs.
- Design, configure, maintain and manage network security enterprise wide.
- Design, configure, and maintain anti- virus programs to maintain network and systems integrity.
- Work with telecom vendors to complete network related projects
- Provide network system support to customers
- Performs customization and system administration for network management, task/project management, help desk, work group integration, documentation and software on area networks.
- Analyze, recommend, and evaluate new hardware, software and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
What are the requirements:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience as determined by the company
- 4 years experience in Network or related area
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies required including Cisco IP networking and telephony • Knowledge of Linux, Microsoft Windows, PC hardware, and peripherals highly desirable
- Ability to provide high quality individual assistance to end-users at all levels/ability and ensure a good working relationship is maintained with end-user
- Strong problem-solving skills are essential
- Ability to interact with other technical groups