Sr. Data Analytics Architect
Houston, TX 77002 US
What is the position?
The Sr. Data Analytics Architect will be responsible for working with business analysts, data stewards, architects, and other developers to create data models that will the support customer services for an energy company. The Architect will deliver business value through the development and oversight of data models and information management strategies.
What will you do?
As a Sr. Data Analytics Architect, you will:
- Design and manage data models, reviewing proposed models before purchases.
- Ensure compliance with data modeling practices and guidelines and the requirements of enterprise information architecture.
- Collaborate with IT team members to support data services.
- Work with leadership to provide recommendations to encourage new methods and avoid complications.
- Come alongside CIO and the information security to maintain security requirements and develop solutions.
- Recognize and manage information assets through data zoning and data classifications.
- Deliver business value through business intelligence, data integration, and enterprise information management programs.
- Utilize tools to recognize important data and assess risks and benefits of business strategies.
- Develop data architecture metrics such as the effects on project costs and consistency.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or related field and 8+ years of IT experience.
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence, information system design, or data architecture.
- 3+ years of data analyst experience with .NET Stack (SSIS, SSMS, SSRS) and Microsoft systems integration.
- Previous experience using Apache Hadoop to create and implement data solutions and Horton Works/Cloudera distribution.
- Experience in Sqoop, NiFi (having built some basic shapes in Nifi), Sparq, Pig, or Hive.
- Experience with data and analytics management programs preferred.
- Ability to work alongside data stewards, stakeholders, and the enterprise architect.
- Experience in enterprise integration and ETL tools.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL.
- Knowledge of database structures, service-based and web-based architecture, and enterprise application architecture.
- Experience in frameworks such as struts, spring, hibernate, and technologies like RESTful, SOAP, .NET, C++Java/J2EE, XML, JSON, and database technologies.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- A background working with Oil & Gas equipment data is preferred.
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can grasp complex subjects and effectively strategize how to achieve optimal results.
- You understand how to navigate the ever-changing world of technology and how to use it to keep the business ahead of the curve.