Sr. Data Analyst
Houston, TX 77056
What is the position:
The Sr. Data Analyst will be responsible for managing master data sets, troubleshooting data issues, and developing reports.
What will you do:
- Develop, implement, and maintain analytic systems
- Develop and maintain protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning data
- Evaluate complicated problems and build simple frameworks
- Identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex data sets
- Work with management and users to gather requirements and provide status updates
- Work with business owners to understand their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers
- Evaluate organizational methods and provide source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for data sets
- Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, inaccuracies, and problems
- Create best-practice reports based on data mining, analysis, and visualization
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and create useful reports
What are the requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Statistics, Information Systems, or related
- 3+ years experience with data mining
- Experience in the Oil & Gas Industry preferred
- Strong experience working with data discovery, analytics, and BI software tools (ie. Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, etc.)
- Experience with technical writing in relevant areas, including queries and reports
- Experience with advanced analytics tools for Object-oriented scripting using languages such as (R, Python, Java, C++, etc.)
- Experience working with SQL on Hadoop tools and technologies (ie. HIVE, Impala, Presto, Hortonworks Data Flow (HDF), Dremio, Informatica, Talend)
- Experience with database programming languages including SQL, PL/SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of NoSQL/Hadoop oriented databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
You would be really happy working here if:
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.