Sr. Accounting Analyst
110 W 7th Tulsa, OK 74103
What is the position:
The Sr. Accounting Analyst will be responsible for compiling, analyzing, and interpreting financial information and handling a diverse range of complex assignments.
What will you do:
- Record the gross margins of transactions in the accounting system and calculate product revenues and gas purchase cost
- Perform various oil and gas accounting duties
- Collaborate with the commercial group to resolve any issues related to revenue and costs associated with facilities by interpreting and analyzing operational reports
- Create monthly gas purchase statements and financial settlements that are in compliance with new contracts by setting up appropriate calculations
- Perform monthly closing tasks, including analyzing account balances and gross margin account activity, preparing account reconciliations, and SOX documentation
- Complete any other assigned special projects
What are the requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years experience with corporate or public accounting
- Experience with oil and gas accounting, specifically in the upstream sector preferred
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP
- Experience working with gas processing/purchase contracts and operating agreements preferred
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Financials and TIPS, PeopleSoft, or Waterfield
- Excellent written and verbal communication
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can strategize, understanding the goals of the company and creating effective plans to achieve those goals.
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.