811 Louisiana St, Suite 2100 Houston, TX 77002
What is the position:
The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for compiling, analyzing, and interpreting financial information and handling a diverse range of complex assignments.
What will you do:
- Review agreements and extract data from the agreements to input into the software system
- Serve as the liaison for internal/external customers
- Complete the settlement and invoicing process for gas marketing and natural gas purchases
- Ensure data is accurately inputted to accounting systems
- Review project data to identify issues or discrepancies that could impact project or property reporting.
- Prepare monthly settlements by coordinating approvals, requesting wires/payments, booking revenue and cost of sales entries, etc.
- Perform various monthly accounting duties
- Reconcile the general ledger to estimated figures and gas marketing figures
- Perform monthly and quarterly accounting reporting
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analytic requests
- Organize settlement and control documentation
- Provide audit request documentation
What are the requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related
- 3+ years of experience with gas marketing accounting
- Experience with Allegro and SharePoint preferred
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.