Shipping & Receiving Clerk - Bilingual Preferred
1691 North 161st East Avenue Tulsa, OK 74116
What is the position?
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is responsible for assisting with the proper reception and shipping of inventory and ensuring that related operations tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
What will you do?
As a Shipping & Receiving Clerk, you will:
- Receive incoming shipments and ensure quality standards are being met, as well as ensuring the accuracy of the shipment by referring to invoices, order forms, or other documentation
- Track the delivery of inbound shipments
- Utilize Warehouse Management System (WMS) to keep inventory and materials data up to date
- Maintain an accurate record of receipts
- Resolve issues related to improper or missing receipt information
- Oversee product returns
- Assist with the distribution and shipping of products by coordinating logistics and following necessary procedures
- Move inventory around the warehouse using heavy machinery, such as forklifts and power jacks
- Communicate regularly with drivers and sales teams to maximize distribution efficiency
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules, and completed orders
- Assist with dispatching of outbound and inbound shipments
- Train new and existing employees how to correctly follow company procedures
- Assist with other warehouse duties as requested
What are the requirements?
- Shipping/receiving and logistics experience
- Experience performing administrative and clerical tasks related to shipping/receiving
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team builder
- Ability to operate heavy machinery, such as a forklift, is a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Cold chain delivery and reporting experience is a plus
You would be happy working here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus and attention to detail.
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.