Tulsa, OK 74103 US
The SOX Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the internal control framework pertaining to compliance with regulatory standards (SOX sections 302 & 404) for an oil & gas company. This role requires communication with senior management, task prioritization, and the ability to function autonomously. As part of the team, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders and external auditors, proactively pinpointing potential risks and contributing to risk-mitigation decisions.
What will you do?
As a SOX Specialist, you will:
- Evaluate internal controls and their performance.
- Review process documentation and foster discussions to deliberate outcomes.
- Orchestrate the flow of external audit inquiries for streamlined company-auditor communication.
- Assess the seriousness of control gaps, devising and executing corrective strategies alongside affected process owners.
- Assist in the completion of necessary paperwork, compile results, and present reviews.
- Execute the annual assessment of duties for specific systems or business units.
- Support the annual review of system access certifications.
- Orchestrate quarterly analysis of shifts within internal controls.
- Oversee specialized projects as required.
- Complete other tasks as needed.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years experience in auditing or in SOX compliance (7+ years preferred).
- Knowledge of internal control design.
- Proficient in PC and Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with project management, Microsoft Power Apps, and Onspring preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems, placing safety as a priority.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
You would be really happy working here if:
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- You can strategize, understanding the goals of the company and creating effective plans to achieve those goals.