Revenue Accounting Manager
Houston, TX 77056 US
The Revenue Accounting Manager will manage activities of revenue and regulatory accounting. You will ensure accurate and timely recording of company revenues, preparation of regulatory statements, adjustments, analyses and supporting testimony in compliance with all regulatory regulations and requirements.
What will you do?
As the Revenue Accounting Manager, you will:
- Manage the preparation and review of reports, journal entries and reconciliations related to revenue for the company.
- Oversee team members for development and planning activities, ensuring compliance with all standards, processes, and procedures.
- Manage the production of accurate, timely and valued financial analysis for the company’s revenues.
- Manage revenue accounting personnel to ensure that corporate, divisional, departmental and unit goals and objectives are achieved within scheduled timeframes.
- Maintain inventory gas accounting.
- Guide data automation and improvement efforts.
- Ensure that regulatory accounting records comply with all regulatory orders and decisions.
- Work on FERC audits, objectives for rate and tariff filings, and other regulatory matters with company partners.
- Analyze contracts for ASC 606 implications.
- Communicate with all levels of management.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related
- 8+ years multifaceted accounting experience
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting, and FERC regulations
- Understanding of internal controls, general accounting, and operational accounting
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud ERP, Bolo, Latitude, Quorum, etc, a plus
- PC & MS Office skills
- Experience overseeing teams
- Organized & detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adapts effectively to new and changing environments
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can strategize, understanding the goals of the company and creating effective plans to achieve those goals.
- You can grasp complex subjects and effectively strategize how to achieve optimal results.