Project Controls Specialist
Houston, TX 77056 US
What is the position:
The Project Controls Specialist will be responsible for researching and evaluating aspects of pipeline/facilities FERC regulated projects including scheduling, resource allocation, and resource availability.
What will you do:
As a Project Controls Specialist, you will:
- Assist with the planning, scheduling, and project reporting of various construction projects.
- Manage the project schedule, ensuring that all contractor and department schedules are aligned with master project schedule.
- Attend meetings and present critical path items, risk and major schedule interfaces.
- Provide project status and schedule reports.
- Oversee progress reports and manage resource availability.
- Work and cost breakdown structure analysis.
- Perform earned value analysis, cost management, and project status reporting.
- Collaborate with cost and risk analyst, industry groups, management, and other stakeholders.
- Manage project scope and project deliverables.
- Engage in process improvement activities.
What are the requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering, Business, or related
- 5+ years experience in project analysis, controls, and data analytics
- Oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Experience with project budgeting, financial analysis, and detailed documentation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience with Oracle, Forecasting Process, Microsoft Project, and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with P6, Aconex, or PowerBI is a plus
- Familiarity with natural gas equipment preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.