Plant Accounting Supervisor
110 W 7th Tulsa, OK 74119
What is the position:
The Plant Accounting Supervisor will lead a team of professionals who are responsible for accounting processes/tasks and will ensure that all work is performed timely and accurately as well as in compliance with regulatory requirements.
What will you do:
- Supervise accounting processes, maintain the general ledger, and coordinate daily accounting activities
- Supervise department employees to ensure business objectives are met
- Participate in the coaching of department employees to ensure the accomplishment of organization, team, and individual objectives.
- Communicate and coordinate with external auditors to provide requested financial information
- Provide direction in managing the integrity of financial information
- Review and update Sarbanes Oxley documentation
- Coordinate the performance of SOX testing
- Perform month and quarter end analysis and reporting
- Analyze department performance and identify opportunities to implement process improvements
What are the requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years experience in the Energy Industry
- 3+ years of Accounting leadership experience
- Knowledge of Waterfield/TIPS/Access/Excel
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft financial system preferred
- Ability to review, analyze, and resolve General Ledger outstanding balances
- Efficient analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to manage relationships across organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.