Houston, TX 77056
What is the position:
This is a Designer position working at a top energy company providing support to engineering and design teams.
What will you do:
- Work directly with a senior designer
- Create 3D models for designs and drawings for complex model reviews
- Perform facility as-built walk-downs to develop and maintain PFD’ s, P&ID’ s, Facility Plot Plans, and other drawings
- Draw documentation for the design while interacting with the senior designer when clarity is needed
- Creates designs for pipeline and related facilities based on scope requirements provided by internal business partners.
- Prepares working plans and detail drawings and maps according to standards and specifications.
What are the requirements:
- CADWorx experience is required (version 2017 is preferred)
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Design and Drafting Technology or equivalent experience work experience
- Broad level of knowledge concerning industry codes, standards and practices such as ASME, API, ANSI, DOT, ISA, NEC, ACCI, AISC, UBC, ASCE, NFPA, AWS, NACE, IBC, etc.
- 8-10 years of drafting experience and 6+ years focused on independent design assignments and field experiences.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience in gas and oil industry design and drafting.
- Experience with Adobe imaging software (i.e., Illustrator, Photoshop), computer aided design (CAD) software and graphics software
- Facility project experience (gas compressor facility, processing plants, refineries)
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’ s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.