Pipeline Project Engineer
Houston, TX 77056 US
What is the position?
As a Pipeline Project Engineer, you will investigate and research the maintenance, functionality, and designs of equipment, mechanical products, systems, and processes in gas plant and pipeline projects.
What are the responsibilities?
- Develop engineering execution strategies to meet overall project objectives; work with internal partners on the management of quality control and project timeline
- Coordinate with the project team and communicate with project drivers; develop approaches to accommodate concerns
- Partner with contractors and project team members to ensure that technical aspects of the project meet expectations, quality standards, and execution strategy; identify and implement technical improvements
- Addresses the technical content of purchase orders to ensure they contain accurate technical and commercial terms
- Handle internal resources to ensure Requests For Information are promptly resolved
- Develop commissioning plans, closes projects, and ensures accurate documentation of files, records, databases, and drawings to meet regulatory requirements
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations during project standards reviews
?What are the requirements?
- 3-7 years of experience
- Energy Industry experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil Engineering required
- Experience working on engineering for gas plants, pipelines, compressor stations, pig traps, reduce port valve changes/modifications, brown/green field meter stations, PSV studies, automation projects, DOT pipeline replacements and hydrotests, abandonment projects, or controls projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player, detail-oriented, and creative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You would be happy here if:
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.