Denver, CO 80202
What is the position:
The Network Engineer ensures users achieve optimal use of their computer networks by performing needs analysis, cost effective analysis, installation, training and problem resolution. Perform operational support of data and voice communications equipment and services.
What do you need to be able to do:
- Design and implement LAN/WAN infrastructure and application components
- Designs, configures, monitors and optimizes networks for specialized infrastructure systems to ensure optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance and reasonable costs.
- Design, configure, maintain and manage network security enterprise wide.
- Design, configure, and maintain anti- virus programs to maintain network and systems integrity.
- Work with telecom vendors to complete network related projects
- Provide network system support to customers
- Performs customization and system administration for network management, task/project management, help desk, work group integration, documentation and software on area networks.
- Analyze, recommend, and evaluate new hardware, software and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- Assist departmental management with development of system standards, short and long-term goals, project management and strategic decisions.
- Monitor and maintain key network links; performs telecom moves, adds and changes.
- Remain current on new developments and techniques in information technology.
- Develop and monitor documentation for data communication equipment and services.
What are the requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- Palo Alto experience preferred
- 5+ years experience maintaining LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Strong understanding of OSI models
- Strong understanding of the routing protocols for IP networks (OSPF)
- Understanding of exterior gateway protocols (BGP)
- Cisco routing, switching and security certifications that demonstrate progression towards CCIE and CCSP
- CCNA, CCNP, SND and SNPA a plus
You would be really happy here if:
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- You prefer to follow a strict schedule and set of procedures with minimal change.