Mechanical Design Engineer
Tulsa, OK 74103
What is the position:
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for designing consumer electronics that meet manufacturing requirements, product specifications, and cost targets.
What do you need to be able to do:
- Support existing products through manufacturing support or design improvements
- Create test procedures and conduct prototype testing
- Conduct cost estimations and assist with getting vendor quotes
- Create game-changing products in our industries by applying knowledge of the company’s current products
- Research new design concepts
- Develop new/challenging products, programs, and technologies by providing technical leadership with minimal upper level support
- Support continual learning of the group by exchange of information/experience
What are the qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of mechanical design experience
- Experience using Surfacing in Creo (Pro-E)
- Experience with cfd or thermal analysis software is a plus
- Knowledge of metal stamping, injection molding, die castings, etc.
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Ability to contribute to decision-making that affects corporate strategy
- Excellent communication skills
You would be happy here if:
- You are full of ideas and are always looking for new opportunities to improve the workplace.
- You are open-minded and receptive to feedback, collaborating with co-workers to develop optimal solutions by looking at assignments from all angles.