Mechanical Design Engineer
915 West Blue Starr Drive Claremore, OK 74018
What is the position?
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the development, design, and testing of new products and technologies.
What will you do?
- Utilize Solid Works and FEA to develop products
- Perform FEA analysis as needed
- Design mechanical and pneumatic systems, as well as metal assemblies
- Evaluate existing products for improvements and efficiency improvements
- Review designs using the Design Failure Mode Analysis (DFMA) process
- Create test plans to ensure models and proof of concepts meet requirements
- Support the fabrication of proof of concepts (POC)
- Work with product development teams to develop new ideas for products and technologies
- Provide technical input to sales and field service support members, as well as customers
- When necessary, perform engineering change orders
- Enter bill of materials into an ERP system
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 3+ years experience in engineering, with at least 2 years in structural metal design
- Proficient with Solid Works
- Experience with FEA
- Experience with metal fabrication
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical individuals and teams
- Experience writing technical test reports
- Ability to perform root cause corrective action analysis and design failure mode analysis
- Experience writing test plans, procedures, and reports
- Injection molding and Roto-molding design experience preferred
- Experience with pneumatics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.