6300 S Rangeline Rd Joplin, MO 64804
What is the position:
The Land Surveyor will be responsible for assisting and performing surveys for pipeline route selection and right of way, site acquisitions, and support pipeline integrity projects and land survey needs.
What do you need to be able to do:
- Assist the licensed surveyors with the preparation of topographic, property
boundary, engineering design surveys, as-built surveys, and construction
- Assist with the processing of survey data and drawing production
- Set survey monuments to establish legal boundaries including property lines, right-of-ways, easements, etc.
- Research historical maps, land records, previous survey results and land title information as needed to compare and verify current measurements and resolve questions of boundary lines
- Operates and maintains surveying equipment including Total Stations, GPS receivers, and Data Collectors
- Record and provide survey notes to drafting and engineering teams
- Communicate with architects, engineers, and construction personnel during land development projects to verify geological and property boundary data and contribute to building design as needed
What are the requirements:
- Minimum of an Associates degree preferred
- Possess PLS Licensing requirements
- 3-5 years experience with land surveying
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and travel to different site locations
- Ability to load/unload and carry survey equipment
- Ability to set up and utilize surveying equipment
- Experience with Total Stations, Data Collectors, and Trimble GPS receivers
- Experience with data management
- Experience with reading and understanding maps and drawings
- Knowledge of GIS surveying technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
You would be really happy here if:
- You enjoy continuous learning; in this position you' ll have access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others.
- You enjoy working in a flexible environment where mutual respect is a key ingredient.