Jr. Java Developer
One Williams Center Houston, TX 77056
What is the position?
What will you do?
- Work with business users to gather requirements, write functional and technical specifications.
- Recommend and provide technical solutions based on business requirements.
- Assists with information gathering and documentation, Software Development Lifecycle (SLDC) and testing required ability to interact professionally with all levels of management
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products, services or processes
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes/modifies logic in existing applications
- Provide maintenance and enhancements to existing code.
- A member of an on-call rotation supporting 24X7 enterprise business application.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other IT related field preferred.
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- 2+ years of experience with Java application development.
- Experience in all phases of systems development, especially the design and delivery of web applications.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Experience using SQL in a professional environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
You would be really happy working here if:
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.
- You think outside the box and can find solutions where others just see a roadblock.