Tulsa, OK 74103 US
What is the position?
The Java Developer will be responsible to create value for the business, its customers, and other key stakeholders for the IT marine and crude product line of an oil & gas company. You will utilize technology to analyze and solve business issues, continuing the development and maintenance of complex systems.
What will you do?
As a Java Developer, you will:
- Ensure software optimization through testing and recommendations for improvement, remaining up-to-speed on present technology and developments.
- Work both independently and with team members to identify issues, perform testing, and review code.
- Support team members and both internal and external customers through professional and effective communication.
- Uphold standards and develop solutions, analyzing technical problems.
- Record guidelines, technical manuals, and specifications for legacy and new systems.
- Problem solve by engaging in technical design and business analysis with various stakeholders.
- Develop code for complex efforts on varying scales.
- Deliver positive customer experience by creating product and design ideas.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in Java development.
- SQL, HTML, ORM frameworks (such as Hibernate), Modern Web Application Architectures, and other programming knowledge.
- Experience in web server admin using JBoss or Tomcat and version control systems Git.
- Experience with technology such as OIDC 2.0, Containers, PL/SQL, CSS, XML, HTML, API Development, ES6, or Microservices Architecture preferred.
- Experience using Atlassian Suite, Postman, Heroku, Azure Devops, Jenkins, or Eclipse.
- UX Design skills and Relational Database Design & Development experience in MSSQL or Oracle preferred.
- Vertical Slice, Domain-Driven Design, or Object-Oriented Design Pattern knowledge preferred.
- Experience utilizing web framework to develop web applications and using unit testing frameworks preferred.
- Experience in Fargate, EKS, or AWS Elastic Beanstalk and jQuery or React/Angular preferred.
- Secure coding principle knowledge preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work in-person by both scheduling and callouts on job sites.
- Ability to learn and carry out other projects as assigned.
You would be really happy working here if:
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.
- You can grasp complex subjects and effectively strategize how to achieve optimal results.