IT Project Manager
Tulsa, OK 74101 US
What is the position?
The role of the IT Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects on time and on budget. Coordinating efforts of team members, vendors, and consultants to deliver projects according to plan is essential. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
What will you do?
- Under general supervision, oversees various system projects of a highly complex nature.
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project.
- Must be familiar with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Manage all aspects of multiple diverse projects
- Utilize expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks
- Meet financial objectives by estimating project costs; preparing a project budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor's Degree in IT-related field preferred
- Solid understanding of the Project Lifecycle (PLC) and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile etc.)
- Demonstrated track record of driving projects to meet business requirements on time and within budget and manage project teams to meet challenging delivery dates
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization
- Ability to drive discussions across multiple business and areas to manage tasks, resolve issues, etc
- Strong Teamwork and Leadership skills
- Ability to allocate time efficiently, handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Excellent business acumen and technical aptitude
- Experience with vendor software package implementations
- PMP Certified preferred
You would be really happy here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- You understand how to navigate the ever-changing world of technology and how to use it to keep the business ahead of the curve.