IT Project Manager
One Williams Center P.O. Box 3102 MD42-3 Tulsa, OK 74103
What is the position:
The role of the IT Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects on time and on budget. Coordinating efforts of team members, vendors, and consultants to deliver projects according to plan is essential. The IT Project Manager will also define the project’ s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
What are the responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead efforts in problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs
- Manage weekly/monthly reporting and help prepare information for the PMO regarding progress toward milestones
- Manage and participate in ongoing integration efforts (testing, conversion activities, etc.)
- Manage the process of developing system requirements and design specs
- Review project plans to determine funding limitations, time frame, and staffing requirements to establish a plan for each phase of the project
- Review status reports and modify schedules/plans accordingly
- Coordinate project activities with other business units
- Work closely with end users to understand and prioritize business goals
What are the requirements:
- Demonstrated use of PMP, PMI techniques or similar project management practices
- 8-10 years of experience in IT Project Management
- Solid understanding of the Project Lifecycle (PLC), Project & Portfolio Management processes & best practices and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile etc.) required.
- Demonstrated track record of driving projects to meet business requirements on time and within budget and manage project teams to meet challenging delivery dates
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization (team member to Sr. leadership)
- Ability to drive discussions across multiple business and areas to manage tasks, resolve issues, etc
- Strong Teamwork and Leadership skills
- Ability to allocate time efficiently, handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Excellent business acumen and technical aptitude
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Tools, including Microsoft Project
- Experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience with vendor software package implementations
- PMP Certified preferred
You would be really happy here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- You understand how to navigate the ever-changing world of technology and how to use it to keep the business ahead of the curve.