Houston, TX 77056
What is the position?
The IT Architect is responsible for the support and enhancement of business critical applications and associated interfaces.
What will you do?
- Assist with developing new and modifying existing applications
- Participate in software upgrades
- Design and develop multiple software solutions to reduce technical complexity
- Identify innovative solutions for the enterprise environment
- Identify opportunities to modernize software across the technology stack
- Lead projects from gathering requirements to implementation
- Comply with the documented change management process/procedures
- Complete projects in a time effective manner
- Engage with appropriate business units and teams to gather functional requirements and create a technical design accordingly
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CIS, or related field.
- 5+ years of UNIX experience (Red Hat Linux preferred)
- 6+ years of SQL development experience
- 6+ years of Java programming experience in business application development
- Enterprise level software design experience preferred
- Experience with UNIX scripting languages
- Understanding of UNIX process, user management model, and security
- Knowledge of the SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Ability to see the big picture and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation.
- Ability to work in a team environment and thrive in a fast-paced setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can strategize, understanding the goals of the company and creating effective plans to achieve those goals.
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.