Global Mobility Specialist
Houston, TX 77001
What is the position:
The Global Mobility Specialist will be responsible for overseeing all mobility programs outside of the USA and for the administration and communication of Foreign Assignment (FA) programs/policies.
What will you do:
- Coordinate human resources activities for FA employee population.
- Partner with Finance and external partners on Tax Equalization program.
- Partner with local payroll processing for all countries where the company operates
- Work with immigration specialist to recommend and secure the proper visa for international employees.
- Compile and complete necessary documentation to support the visa process for international employees.
- Provide analysis and input into compensation details for international employees
- Oversee international employment paperwork updates, contracts, and Foreign Assignment benefits for the company.
- Address employee-related compliance risks for both FA and international team members.
- Partner with Internal Audit and Compliance to manage annual compliance audits regarding Foreign Assignments.
- Oversee the Foreign Assignment Program
- Partner with appropriate partners for relocation of employees in the USA and international to assigned location.
- Conduct data audits and data integrity processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity in HR and compensation systems.
- Create reports to identify trends, opportunities, issues, etc.
What are the requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years’ experience with global mobility exposure
- Preferred certifications
- Compensation Certification: ACCP, CCP or GRP
- Benefits Certification: CEBS
- Experience with managing compensation surveys, compensation analytics, job evaluations, etc.
- Experience with HR and benefits databases
- Experience managing/leading a team
- Strong understanding of global compensation practices
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal/state regulations, filing and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of federal/state laws and regulations regarding human resource, benefits and compensation practices i.e., FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.
- Knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.