Houston, TX 77056
What is this position:
The GIS Technician is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and maintaining spatial information utilizing the company's GIS system.
What will you do:
- Enter data into GIS databases, using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, or conversion of other sources of digital data.
- Maintain or modify existing GIS databases.
- Review existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation.
- Design and build GIS databases for local area needs
- Setup and maintain databases and connections
- Prepare construction, survey, environmental, and land acquisition spatial variables for construction or operational systems
- Establish and maintain strong, healthy relationships with internal customers and GIS team members.
- Some travel required
What are the requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in GIS or related preferred
- 2+ years experience with GIS
- Proficient with ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 or higher
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry preferred
- Knowledge of coordinate projection and reprojection methods
- Experience with FERC pipeline projects preferred
- Experience with LiDAR or other remote sensing data sets and FME preferred
- Experience with Delorme XMaps 8 preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You would be really happy working here if:
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.