110 W 7th Houston, TX 77002
What is the position?
The GIS Developer is responsible for the development of applications and technical solutions related to Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
What will you do?
- Work with Technical Architects and end users to develop and enhance applications, including COTS
- Create technical design documents that match design specifications
- Create and test client-server and web-based applications across the .NET framework
- Ensure products are tested thoroughly for quality assurance
- Resolve system issues with user acceptance testing according to suggested improvements
- Follows IT Governance programs (SDLC, change management, communication, release management, etc.)
- Manage multiple projects at one time
- Update project plans, Gantt charts, deliverables, and any issues in order to provide input to the IT Project Management Office
- Work efficiently with team members and lead team meetings to ensure projects are running according to schedule
- Develop customer relationships by meeting with them frequently and understanding needs and requirements
- Continuously learn about and share solutions to problems to prevent their reoccurrence
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience with the ESRI Suite (ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcSDE, ArcGIS mobile, ArcGIS Online Network Analyst, etc.)
- 3+ years experience with Oracle 10g and 11i or SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2014
- Familiarity with ITL concepts
- 2+ years experience with Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.