Financial Reporting Manager
Houston, TX 77002
What is the position:
This is a highly visible role responsible for the external financial reporting process for the consolidated parent, consolidated external reporting entities and subsidiary operating companies.
What will you do:
- Participate in the timely and accurate delivery of quarterly and annual accounting reports and financial statements for the consolidated parent company, other external reporting entities and subsidiary operating companies under US GAAP for reporting to the Board of Directors, shareholders, and debt holders.
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain supporting information for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures.
- Input data into the company’s financial reporting application.
- Compile financial statements for joint venture entities.
- Perform monthly variance analysis and reconciliation of financial statement data.
- Draft and provide support for quarterly press releases.
- Coordinate and review XBRL tagging.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of accounting and reporting policies and procedures.
- Quarterly Review/Annual Audit: Coordinate with internal and external auditors on annual audits and quarterly review processes, including both financial and controls testing.
- Draft financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, etc.)
- Prepare and review the company’s 10-Q and 10-K filings with the SEC.
What are the requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years public company financial reporting experience, with a minimum of 3 years Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting/auditing theory, technical research, and financial analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls, general accounting (G/L, A/R, A/P, etc.), and operational accounting (revenue, volumes, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills within all levels of the organization.
- Adapts effectively to new and changing environments.
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can strategize, understanding the goals of the company and creating effective plans to achieve those goals.
- You can grasp complex subjects and effectively strategize how to achieve optimal results.