Financial Business Analyst
110 W 7th Tulsa, OK 74103
What is the position:
The Financial Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing business and user needs and implementing new processes that will maintain and enhance current systems.
What will you do:
- Gather and validate model inputs, commodity pricing, and expenses for input into the operating/revenue forecast models
- Prepare monthly operating and gross margin forecasts for management
- Prepare and maintain monthly capital expenditure forecasts and variance explanations for management review
- Prepare both Commercial and Board presentation materials
- Perform detailed variance analysis for the forecast
- Perform analysis as needed to assist in decision support and review of the assigned operating area.
- Work with internal teams to gather information needed to incorporate changes into the overall capital forecast
- Work closely with the Accounting group to collect performance and settlement data and identify/resolve potential errors
- Ensure forecast models reflect latest contract terms and assist with commercial contract valuation
- Utilize forecast models as a template, gather data needed from internal teams to coordinate and prepare the one-year and five-year annual operating budget
- Utilize the ERP system to support the forecast and budget processes
What are the requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related
- 5+ years of energy industry experience
- Experience with SQL modeling
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with economic modeling and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You would be happy here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’ s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.