Dayton, TX 77535
What is the position:
The ES&H Specialist will be responsible for managing and ensuring compliance with industry safety regulations.
What will you do:
- Facilitate safety, ES&H, security, and PHA/PSM audits
- Facilitate PSM compliance at terminal operations
- Audit and ensure compliance of driver qualification and equipment files
- Audit contractor and lease site safety plans and practices
- Coordinate training of employees and monthly safety meetings on ES&H requirements
- Conduct site emergency drills
- Conduct on-site accident investigations and root cause analysis and generating all required investigation documentation.
- Manage and ensure maintenance of all facility Chemical Inventory Lists and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) files
- Provide safety technical support for major projects and maintenance events
- Maintain the emergency preparedness and response plans and train employees on the requirements of the plans
- Liaison for regulatory agency and third party audits, including DOT, USCG, FRA, OSHA, TRRC, TECQ, LDEQ, EPA, vendors and contractors.
- Develop and review new and updated operational procedures and related safe work permits.
- Organize and maintain compliance documentation for the Company LPG transport facilities, throughput terminals, and its employees
What are the requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Safety, or related
- 5+ years experience in the Oil & Gas Industry
- ASP or CSP certification preferred
- TRRC LPG Class E license preferred
- Experience implementing and auditing State and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and Texas LP Gas regulations
- Proficienct in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources
- Ability to think critically and solve problems independently
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, and ability to prioritize job duties and handle multiple tasks.
You would be happy here if:
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.