Tulsa, OK 74103 US
What is the position?
The Data Scientist will work to solve large scale problems through the use of advanced data models and algorithms.
What will you do?
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
What are the requirements?
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can grasp complex subjects and effectively strategize how to achieve optimal results.
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.