Houston, TX 77002
What is the position?
The Applications Developer is responsible for the development, support, and enhancement of business critical applications and associated interfaces.
What will you do?
As an Application Developer, you will:
- Conduct new developments and maintenance of existing code
- Provide status reports and updated project plans throughout the duration of projects
- Code and test applications across a .NET framework
- Comply with the documented change management process/procedures
- Complete projects in a time effective manner
- Engage with appropriate business units and teams to gather functional requirements and create a technical design accordingly
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CIS, or related field.
- 1+ year of experience with .NET development
- 1+ year of experience with SQL Server or Oracle
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Proficient with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience with web services, portals, web servers, and reporting tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and thrive in a fast-paced setting
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can strategize, understanding the goals of the company and creating effective plans to achieve those goals.
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.