Houston, TX 77002 US
The Applications Developer is responsible for the development, support, and enhancement of business critical applications and associated interfaces. This position plays a crucial role in translating business needs into solutions and assisting individuals across various levels of technical proficiency.
What will you do?
As an Applications Developer, you will:
- Conduct new developments and maintenance of existing code
- Communicate with end users to gather relevant data and define reporting requirements.
- Engage with appropriate business units and teams to gather functional requirements and create a technical design accordingly
- Design solutions that prioritize system stability and long-term maintainability.
- Code and test applications across a .NET framework
- Provide status reports and updated project plans throughout the duration of projects
- Comply with the documented change management process/procedures
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of enterprise applications and related business processes, serving as a solutions expert as required
- Complete projects in a time effective manner
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CIS, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with .NET development
- 5+ year of experience with SQL Server
- Proficient with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Understanding of ITIL concepts
- Experience with various server technologies, such as Windows Server, ASP.NET, C#, IIS, JSON/REST, SQL, GraphQL/HotChocolate, Entity Framework Core, etc.
- Experience with various client technologies, such as Progressive Web Application, GraphQL / Apollo, Material UI, Typescript, Okta Auth0 Authentication (cloud), Single Page Application, Angular, Bootstrap, Kendo Grid Control, jQuery, Server side rendering, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can strategize, understanding the goals of the company and creating effective plans to achieve those goals.
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.