Application Development Manager
Houston, TX 77002
What is the position?
The Application Development Manager is responsible for overseeing the application development team and developing strategies to promote the success of the team.
What will you do?
As an Application Development Manager, you will:
- Communicate clear expectations for the development team
- Hire and train new staff in order to maintain and effective team
- Develop and implement application development strategies to be utilized by the development team
- Utilize IT Governance programs (SDLC, change management, compliance, etc.)
- Design, create, and modify software applications
- Collaborate with customers to gather requirements and create proof of concepts for new technologies
- Continually report status updates and project deliverables throughout the duration of projects
- Manage issues that arise throughout the application development process and assist with the development of solutions
- Ensure project documentation is complete and accurate
- Manage any issues that may arise within the application development team
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CIS, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with application development and architecture, project management, software integration, data management and governance, business intelligence, or business process analysis
- 2+ years of experience managing teams in the IT industry
- Proficient with energy trading and risk management software, such as RightAngle, Endur, etc.
- Knowledge of applications such as Hyperion, SharePoint, Oracle Cloud Financials, Maximo, etc.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Proficient with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience with web services, portals, web servers, and reporting tools
- Familiar with ITIL management concepts
- Oil and gas industry knowledge preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and thrive in a fast-paced setting
You would be really happy working here if:
- You can strategize, understanding the goals of the company and creating effective plans to achieve those goals.
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.