Tulsa, OK 74103
What is the position:
The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for assisting in computing, classifying, and recording numerical data to complete financial records.
What do you need to be able to do:
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers
- Prepare and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using accounting software
- Check figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes
- Creating AR invoices
- Creating AP wire forms and submitting for payment
What are the requirements:
- Associate's degree in accounting or related financial discipline preferred.
- 2+ years of financial or accounting experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required in order to effectively interact and clearly communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Possess strong technology skills, including use of spreadsheets, databases, and accounting software
- Ability to work with large amounts of detailed data and translate data into meaningful information
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
You would be really happy here if:
- You are left-brained and understand that the devil’s in the details, proactively seeking them out and understanding how they contribute to the whole of a project.
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions.